Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Endless love

As a follow on from the last post here's the rest of the tale of my new identity. 

Bwdheart
After I drew the heart I then looked at fonts and colours for my business name and how I could incorporate the name & the heart.

Being a girl by the seaside I wanted the colour blue in there. Well, actually I wanted purple because that's my favourite colour but sometimes your favourite colour isn't the right one. I chose a bright mid-blue that toned well with the hot-pink and a font that looked clear and professional because that's how I want to be with my clients. When I looked at it however I realised that all blue was a little too much. Therefore, leaving the blue for the word 'bay' I used a mid-grey for 'web designs' as I was thinking of the pebbles on Morecambe's beach. This looked a lot better and I decided to position the heart above the 'i' in 'designs' because I <3 my life, family and clients. 

This is what I ended up with.

Bwdheartlogo
I also created a separate image with my tag line included (using the blue).

Bwdheartlogotag
Finally I wanted to create something that I could use as a shorter/smaller logo so I took the initials of my business name, used the same colours but this time interlocked the heart with the 'D' to denote my love of designing websites.

Bwdheartinitials
So there you have it. The story of how I created my new business identity. You can wake up now :-)

 

No comments: