Thursday, May 12, 2011

What You Waiting For?

I have just got back from meeting my business mentor. It was our final meeting, she has been helping me for the last year, although we will keep in touch. I have found it beneficial to have someone to bounce ideas off and today I came away with another one. 

As a fairly new business I know how hard it is to get funding in place to start running and promoting your business. As a web designer I also know how important it is to have a web presence. Often though a website is beyond the budget of a fledgling business. However have you thought about this...

Buy your domain name (123-Reg are great). A yourdomain.co.uk only costs around £11 for two years. 

Once you have your domain name you can set up email addresses for your business which always look more professional than, say, using gmail or hotmail. 

BUT!

If you buy a domain name & start using your email address potential clients will probably visit yourdomain.co.uk to see what your website's like and all they will get is a generic holding page - not professional at all.

So what can you do?

You contact me and I will set up your hosting, create up to two emails and make you a personalised page for your business so at least there is something for your visitors to see. This page would have your business name/logo, contact information, a little bit about your business and possibly a relevant picture or two depending upon your requirements. So much more professional and helpful for your potential clients and a reasonably priced option to keep you going until you have funding for a full website.

Drop me an email or tweet me to discuss a budget option to get your business on the web.

 

 

 

No comments: