Monday, May 23, 2011

A good heart

People may have noticed recently that I finally overhauled my website. Part of the work was to create an identity for myself and my business. Here is one part of the story how that happened.

******

When I first started out in business I won a free half hour with Zoe Dawes to discuss business-y stuff. Zoe advised me to have something in my office to look at as a goal - I have images of the Pyramids & Pompeii because I will go to visit them one day. Another thing she asked me to do was find something that symbolised me, my business and my ethos. I went home and thought a little and then realised I had this. 

Roseheart
It's a rose quartz heart that my daughter had bought me.

This symbolises many things for me (in no particular order). 

  • love for my family
  • love for myself
  • love for my work
  • love for my clients

It has sat on my desk for the last two and a half years to remind me of everything I love and to give me the impetus to be a better person in both my business and personal life. 

When I came to properly create an identity for myself I knew I wanted something simple that encapsulated everything I was. Using my new graphics tablet (hello @colinshelbourn) I drew this. 

Bwdheart
A hot-pink heart that even has a little kiss (x) in it. Yes it's simple, but it means everything that I am - and no jokes about me being simple! It's taken me a while (I know, I know) but I am finally there. 

 

No comments: